LinkedIn
Instagram

30-Day Gratitude Challenge

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Susan Parente
      Participant

Fellow 30-Day Gratitude Challenge members,

We are coming to the end of this challenge. I can say that I gotten much out of this. I am finding myself in the habit of gratitude. I may not be where I want to be, feeling gratitude every moment of the day, but I am reminded daily of gratitude, even in times of frustration, I can find gratitude in everything everyday. I am excited for my continued life in gratitude and I look forward to our monthly CGL meetings to support me in a Life of Gratitude!

I am looking forward to my first presentation on Grateful Leadership, which I hope will be in Q1 of 2020!

Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this challenge and please post what you have gotten from these last 30 days of practicing gratitude!

Thank you, thank you thank you!

Susan

Susan Parente
      Participant

We are now in week 2 of this 30-Day Gratitude Challenge! I am finding myself expressing gratitude to colleagues whom I have worked with for years… Sometimes it is easy to forget how great people are when you are used to their greatness all of the time…

For one of the clients that I work with, I connected them with a colleague of mine and now I am working with both of them on an Agile project. I emailed both of them last night and expressed to them how grateful I am to work with such smart and wonderful people!

The more grateful I am, the greater my life seems…

Susan 😀

“Find something to be grateful for today…” (This is a new thought I have come to through this challenge…)

Susan Parente
        Participant

It is the 3rd week of this gratitude challenge and I am definitely feeling challenged this week… I am feeling the pressure of work and home projects right now. I find that when things get busy, my focus is on getting things done and I am not approaching life with Gratitude…

In my yoga class, the instructor focuses on Gratitude. Even though class is at 7am and it means heading to the class before the sun has risen and it is cold outside, there is still something to be grateful in. I am grateful to be able to take the time to go to Yoga. I am grateful that I am physically able to do yoga. I am grateful that I can walk to my community gym, instead of having to fight traffic to get to the gym! There is so much to be grateful for. Every day I am grateful to share my life with my husband and our dog. I am also so grateful that my parents live nearby and I am able to help them on a daily basis and give them all the love they deserve.

Thank you for your listening and for being a part of this 30-Day Challenge!

Susan

Susan Parente
          Participant

I just listened to Jim’s PodCast for this week, “129 ~ Anger or Gratitude – Pick One”. It was so poignant for me in this 30-Day Gratitude Challenge!

Anger is a strong word; however I know that I can get upset or frustrated with situations. Jim’s PodCast made me realize that this blocks me from being grateful. Ah… it really makes sense and I can see how choosing Gratitude also means choosing happiness! What a great way to start this final week of this 30-Day Gratitude Challenge!

Thank you and best to you!

Susan

Susan Parente
        Participant

Forget and Remember…

I have found myself forget and remember throughout this challenge. When I am up to change in my life, I sometimes get distracted by my work, family obligations, etc. I have forgotten about this Gratitude Challenge which I am committed to, but then I remember…

I had found it pop up in may different ways, for example my sister in law in FL is doing a 10 Day Life is Good photo challenge and when I see her photos each day, I think of Gratitude! It has been a wonderful reminder to me!

If you find that you forget about expressing gratitude, look to be reminded of it by those around you! 😀

Thank you,

Susan

Micmadsen
      Participant

Susan, this is BRILLIANT!!!  I love this idea and hope to incorporate it in my trainings and with friends and family!  Bravo.

Kind regards,

Michelle

Susan Parente
        Participant

Much thanks Michelle!

Will you be joining us in this 30 Day challenge? What a way to step into Fall and the Holidays…!

Thank you,

Susan

Susan Parente
      Participant

It is funny how I started this 30 Day challenge to challenge myself to express gratitude to someone each day. My goal was to make this a habit of mine.

I am getting something different out of this challenge which I did not expect. I am finding I am more focus on gratitude in my life. I am grateful for flowers I had seen every day for month. I am grateful for sunny fall days, and the opportunity to walk each morning and afternoon, instead of driving in commuter traffic. I was even grateful to vacuum this past weekend (which is not my favorite chore). It reminded me how much I love the new flooring we put in our home a few months ago… Even though we had it installed, it was quite an ordeal and as I was vacuuming this past weekend, I was able to see one of my least favorite chore as an opportunity to have gratitude!

Thank you and please share with the group what you are getting out of this 30 Day Gratitude Challenge!

Susan

JudyUmlas
      Keymaster

Susan, it’s great to see this 30 day Gratitude Challenge that you have created! I’m certainly most grateful to you for having created it, and for sticking with this whole initiative! Your becoming a Grateful Leadership Certified Professional, Level I, is a gift to all who will hear you speak as passionately as you do on this topic. I hope we get many participants to join in the challenge. So count me in!!

Judy

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by JudyUmlas.
        Susan Parente
        Participant

Fellow Grateful Leaders,

As I am practicing gratitude each day, what I am finding is that I can have gratitude in everything…

Coincidentally, my Mom sent me the following article about anxiety with money. Amazingly, it shared about having gratitude in money, not just receiving it, but when paying bills too! It says, “Gratitude is death to anxiety about money.”

It well worth the quick read!: https://blogs.webmd.com/mental-health/20190813/anxiety-about-money-how-to-find-relief?ecd=wnl_spr_082119&ctr=wnl-spr-082119_nsl-spn_2&mb=BZ7IgFYZ1vrP%2fX9X5tN3sxJZpsk9%40mj5nUWgZychozM%3d

I hope you are enjoying expressing gratitude each day and I look forward to hearing from you here about how your 30-Day Gratitude Challenge is going…

Thank you,

Susan

Susan Parente
        Participant

Great Judy!

Thanks!

Susan

RNevin
      Participant

Please like and share the GL facebook post about the 30 day challenge!

Take the Grateful Leadership 30 – day #challenge! Find out more here! https://gratefulleadership.com/creativity-challenge-susan-parente-submission-1/

Posted by Grateful Leadership on Monday, September 30, 2019

Susan Parente
        Participant

Awesome Roxi! Share it!

Thanks!

Susan

RNevin
      Participant

Just a thought for anyone participating via social media – I’ll be using the hashtags below, and encourage others to use some or all of these as well! (if you have more to add, add them here!)

#CGL30daygratitudechallenge #GratefulLife #Challenge #Grateful #GratefulLeadership

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by RNevin.
      RNevin
      Participant

I love this!!! I am super happy to do this! I will use my Instagram as an outlet for my expressions of gratitude. Since not everyone has insta, I will be glad to put all the things I post together into a single page so that everyone can see them. If you do have Insta – you can find me @noxirevin79

Susan Parente
        Participant

I’m not on Instagram, but am so glad you are and are joining me for this challenge! 😀

Susan

Susan Parente
      Participant

Fellow CGL Members,

I am excited to begin this challenge!

I have put a reminder on my calendar to express gratefulness at least once a day! I know it won’t be difficult to feel grateful, it’s taking the time and energy to express heartfelt gratitude that I need to focus on…

Thank you,

Susan

Susan Parente
      Participant

Welcome to the Gratitude Challenge!

What is it? This is a 30-Day challenge for Grateful Leaders like yourself!

Daily: Express gratitude to someone every day! It can be someone you work with, someone in your family, or even your barista… (Listen to Jim Trela’s PodCasts for inspiration, he provides these each week…)

Weekly: Join others in this challenge by posting weekly on the CGL Communications Board, by replying to this message. Share the impact this challenge has had on you or others around you…

Congrats for your commitment to having a life of gratitude! And thank you for supporting me and others in this challenge!

Susan

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial